Make an Appointment TodayBook an Appointment
Lets face it, our eyes are not performing like they could be. We make things better by using corrective lenses to improve our vision. We know that is best to prepared for all situations so that is why we have contact lenses for recreational activities and for getting the right look. We also need to actively keep track of one pair of reading glasses, and one pair of driving sunglasses. All of these devices will cost the average American over $1000 annually (if nothing breaks or gets wasted).
Many eye surgeons will advertise LASIK surgery for as low as $1000 per eye, but we will use the average cost to make our comparison. The average cost for LASIK on one eye today is $2008. Total $4016 for both eyes although you can also find clinics where you would pay more. So, if we use the average cost example of $4016 over the annual cost of corrective lenses, your LASIK will begin saving you money after just 4 years!
So, there you have it. You can save money by paying for laser eye surgery. You will also benefit from having excellent vision without any of the hassles! Another point of good news is that the sooner you take the plunge and have your eyes corrected, sooner you can begin to save money.
Children as young as four years of age should have their first eye exam. An early eye test screening can help to identify potential vision problems that can affect the child's ability to learn. The first test usually administered to a child is a vision test to determine vision ability near, and far.
If any vision impairment is detected, it is important for a child to have corrective lenses before the time of reading occurs.
Other health related issues that may be detected, should be detected early in order to have the best possible prognosis.
Laser eye surgery as it is practiced today, has its roots in a serendipitous accident involving a boy who fell into glass. After the boy healed, his vision improved. The doctor who witnessed the case was forever intrigued and began a quest to discover what would become the laser eye surgery procedure.
Scientists and optometrists are continually searching for new discoveries that will lead to the next breakthrough in medicine. As revolutionary as laser eye surgery is for operating on the cornea, there remain conditions that need updated cures.
Medical research is done in a series of phases. The first phase involves collecting data and determining the feasibility of a study. If this proves positive, animal testing will be the next step. After years or sometimes decades, human trials may begin. Medical research participants are always in demand, and often well compensated. Sign up for a clinical medical research trial today!
When you go in for an eye exam your optometrist may use a variety of procedures and tests to examine your eyes. Some of these tests will be simple test like letter charts and other tests will be more complex such as using high-powered lenses to view tiny structures inside of the eye.
Because August is Eye Health Month we thought that we would share a few tips for maintaining healthy eyes and vision.
1. Wear sunglasses that provide a high level of UV protection. A minimum of 400 UV protection is recommended for outdoor activities. When driving or participating in sports on the snow or water it is especially important to wear sunglasses because the glare can have damaging effect on your eyes. UV rays from the Sun can cause cataracts to form more quickly. Cataracts are the leading cause of blindness in the world. UV rays can also contribute to macular degeneration and other eye problems.
2. Avoid redness relieving eye drops. Redness relieving eye drops only treat a symptom of eye problems. Redness is an indication of increased blood flow to the eye. Eye drops that reduce redness reduce blood flow to the eye and thereby reduce the amount of healing that can occur naturally. It is best to use redness relieving eye drops sparingly if at all.
4. Take care of your overall health. your eyes are an organ nested in a more complex system. Maintaining better overall health can reduce problems of the eyes and vision. Diabetes and hypertension can have found significant negative effect on your vision. diabetes is a preventable condition in most cases and it is the leading cause of blindness in the United States. improving your overall health can improve your vision and Eye Health.
3. Follow a good diet. A diet high in fresh fruits that have a low glycemic index and vegetables that are leafy and green will have more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that you need to maximize your eye health and minimize your risk of macular degeneration.
5. Give your eyes a break. Avoid excessive eye strain and avoid prolonged strenuous use of your eyes. If you work on a computer screen, read excessively, or work with other close up situations, try to take breaks frequently and regularly. Follow the 20-20-20 rule for better eye health. Every 20 minutes of strenuous eye work give yourself at least 20 seconds up staring somewhere else at a distance of at least 20 feet away. This will help your eyes to refocus at a distance that is different. This will help your eyes avoid being strained during close-up extended use.
6. See a professional regularly. Having a professional examine your eyes and vision can catch problems before they become serious and prevent you from developing more permanent conditions. If you have been prescribed contacts make sure you follow the directions for your brand and type of contact. Improper use of contact lenses such as overusing the lens or not properly washing the lens can have detrimental effects on your vision.
Services at a Glance
OptiNu has access to state-of-the-art optometry facilities. When you have your eyes examined, you will be given a medical exam focused on the eyes. Next will be the vision test, where a prescription will be determined.read more...
Once you have been given a prescription by your optometrist, your lenses must be crafted with care. Your choice of contacts and which style of frames will be determined in part by your prescription.read more...
Clinical medical research is now being done by a variety of facilities in all fields of medicine. Clinical research can lead to the development of new techniques and cures. Participate in a medical research trial.read more...
Laser assisted corrective eye surgery can be an excellent option for those who are suffering from distorted vision. New techniques are being developed. If you were not a laser surgery candidate in the past, you may be today!read more...
Request an Appointment
Thank You for Contacting Us.
Monday - Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm